Saturday, November 16, 2013

Laughter is the Best Exercise

This morning my daughter, Haley, came over to deliver her dog, Butters. Charlie, my huband of 34 years, and I are dogsitting for the weekend. Butters is a sweet golden retriever who always defers to our golden, Dolly, and keeps her young with her tail chasing antics. We love her, and as I grow old and have a grandson, Atticus, 2,200 miles away, I take what I can get, as far as grand love.

I had asked Haley to inquire of her intelligent patent lawyer husband, Zach, what it would involve to trademark my exercise prayer routine, SaBFaB with ACTS. I have been sharing it with my neighbors  and friends. They seem to appreciate and be happy about my "Adoration poses, Contrition poses, Thanksgiving poses and Supplication poses" while we "Stretch and Breathe, Focus and Balance". I burn a CD with the yoga music to give them; three songs for each set of poses, with the final song, "Reflections", to lay on the floor, let go of everything and contemplate Psalm 46:10, "Be still and know that I am God". Along with my handout I use to teach my gifted 4th and 5th graders, they thank me sincerely.

Haley related to me that she told Zach about SaBFaB with ACTS and he did what he always does before he gives his opinion on such matters, typed "Sabfab Helen Allison", into the google word search slot and looked at what came up. He found this blog. Neither he nor Haley knew I had a blog. Actually, no one that I know of knows I have this blog. I only started it so I could comment on other blogs, especially my daughters, Aubrey and Haley's.

Haley let me know that what she and Zach read was entertaining. They really laughed over especially the last post. I had actually forgotten what I had written so I pulled it up on my smart phone. Charlie was sitting with us, so he asked to read it. He started laughing so hard tears can down his face. He read it aloud to remind me what I had written. The Bon Jovi concert Haley had treated me to came back to mind. "Because We Can".  We all three laughed until we, well, you know when you laugh really hard what can happen. Fortunately my SaBFaB exercises have strengthened all muscles including the ones needed to control oneself when laughing or sneezing with force.

It was a great morning. We all needed a good laugh. It felt like a gift, a blessing to laugh mightily together. It's humbling when I am being serious and people laugh. But I like the feelings. It's good exercise.

1 comment: