Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Prayer Life

This whole SABFAB routine is the pysical part of my prayer life. I use another acronym for what my prayers to God consists of: ACTS
Adoration
Contrition
Thanksgiving
Supplication

While I SABFAB:
stretch
and
breathe
focus
and
balance

I pray in a meditative style. I have received many blessings and a big helping of peace. A rich prayer life brings peace. I think God wants us to find peace in Him through prayer. The times I am not experiencing peace are the times I am not in prayer.
God says in Philippians 4:6-7: " Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus."

1 comment:

  1. I love how Phil 4:6-7 tells us directly an instruction for us, a command. To not be anxious, and answers about what should we not be anxious? About anything. There is nothing God thinks is worthy of our anxiety. Then answers, well, what are we suppost to do? Bring your EVERYTHING (requests) in prayer and petition to God. And what kind of attitude should we pray and petition our requests? Answer: with thanksgiving. Grateful that we have a God who wants to hear our every grievance, thankful that He takes us just as we are with our messes and problems. God tells us His peace will guard-what? Our heart and mind-how? Through Christ Jesus. Mom, really great passage choice, it goes well with SABFAB.

    ReplyDelete